Thursday, August 11, 2005

What's My Point?

I thoroughly enjoyed the retro-recordings on Tuesday night... I think a dinner suit rather suits me. The other panellists were Amanda Platell, Amy Lamé and the other-wordly Brian Sewell while proceedings were charmingly chaired by the charming Hugh Dennis.

As a panel we weren't exactly brilliant at playing the game - it really made you appreciate how good at it the likes of Gilbert Harding were as they'd get down to the nub of the issue in as few questions as possible compared with our flappy approach.

So now I'm concentrating on packing for the US tour. For someone who's travelled on the fly so much I'm terrible when I actually have some kind of plan to stick to. If I was going to Napa tomorrow and I didn't know how long I was going to be away or where I was going next I would be at the airport in the blink of an eye (or a cab ride) and on my cheerful way but because I know of my other destinations and that Seattle will be cold come December it forces me into thinking and it's always dangerous when I have to do that. And of course I have a job to do when I get there... how does the show go again?

No comments: